The annual Sisters of St. Joseph Spaghetti Dinner will return from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Sunday, March 20.
In 2020 we had to completely cancel the event as Covid-19 made its appearance.
Last year, we had to take the unusual step of holding it as a drive-thru event. We moved the silent auction online, and still had the raffle ticket drawing ... we just showed the drawing on Facebook Live.
Due to current Covid-19 surges in the area, we are going to follow the same plan this March.
Despite everything being new last year, the event was still a great success, and we’re hoping to have an even smoother event this spring!
And while we won’t be able to invite you inside to visit with the sisters, there will be many sisters outside greeting the cars in the drive-thru and delivering food to cars.
This year’s theme is “Mexican Fiesta” so look forward to vibrant decorations and music as you enter the drive. However, the menu stays the same with delicious spaghetti, bread stick and vegetable all made by the Motherhouse culinary staff, and an ice cream dessert.
The silent auction will be online and hosted by Hansen Online Auctions out of Beloit, Kansas. The auction items will be posted on their website and the auction will open for bids on March 14. Visit www.hansenonlineauction.com to bid.
Raffle tickets are available for prepurchase at the Motherhouse, Neighbor to Neighbor and Manna House of Prayer. If you are out of town, just contact Assistant Development Director Ambria Gilliland at 785-243-2113 Ext. 1225 or email email@example.com to reserve your tickets. Raffle tickets are $1 each or six for $5.
And you will want to get tickets for this year’s amazing line up of prizes!
• Five cash prizes ($500, $250, $150, $100 and $100. )
• Two tickets to the Kansas City Royals.
• A nostalgic popcorn maker.
• One of five restaurant gift cards
• Handmade quilt by Sister Loretta Clare Flax.
• Handmade crocheted alpaca by Sister Susan Stoeber.
The raffle drawing will be held on Facebook Live at 1:30 p.m. that day.
Raffle winners and auction winners need to be able to pick up their winnings in Concordia.
There also will be a bake sale on the grounds with delicious, fresh items baked by the sisters for sale.
Make plans now to attend! The cut off for purchasing meal tickets is Friday, March 11.
Here’s what you need to know:
• What: Drive-thru Spaghetti Dinner
• When: Sunday, March 20, 2022, from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
• Where: Nazareth Motherhouse, 1300 Washington, Concordia, Kansas, circle drive (west side)
• How: Contact the Development Office to reserve/purchase your tickets by Friday, March 11.
• Cost: $8
• Price: $1 each or 6 for $5
• How to buy: Purchase at the Motherhouse, Neighbor to Neighbor or Manna House of Prayer. Call 785-243-2113 ext 1225 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve.
• The auction will open March 14 and close on March 19. It will be on the Hansen Auction website at https://www.hansenonlineauction.com